Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Auditioned today - Forensic Factor - Nelson Serrano Murderer case in FLA

OK, how much fun is this? It's 1130pm on Tuesday nite and get the notice and sides to learn for audition at 1105am the next morning. Time to get at my homework!

The lead investigating officer, Special Agent Mr. Tommy Ray from the Florida Department of Law Enforement (FDLE) is a blondish/whitish /silverish-haired never -give-up kind of guy, who has ultimately proven to be a true hero, while simply doing his job. It's heart warming to know that such individuals exist for the betterment of humanity

Being up for this lead role has he excited at the opportunity.

So I am reading, reading, reading, watching Dateline, MSNBC, googling etc......and I begin to think how I can 'become' him.

The morning arrives and I'm good with the lines and blocking for camera in my mind. I also learned late last night a friend/colleague will be my scene reader. Nice! (great job Brian)

So I'd getting dressed begin to make, then pour my coffee. As I reach for the sugar I accidentally knock the lid of the flour jar off spilling residual flour in the process across the counter. Eureka!

My hair colour!

So out comes the bowl, filled and in goes my head. Shaken not stirred! Get the hairspray to matte is down and hold in place, and carefully drive away.

HOWEVER, needing to stop for gas, I get out and Whoosh a cloud of powder whirls around my face, it's excess flour escaping from my 'doo.' Too funny indeed.


So finally I arrive and Crystal welcomes me with a big "hurray!" and the Producer blurts out an uncontrollable guffaw knowing I've created a monster atop my head! "Oh how I wished I could've watched you make that Gary!" And not knowing now if I've completely embarrassed myself or shown commitment to doing whatever it takes in the spirit of Tommy Ray. Alas let's get it on and let the chips fall where they may. I am all business, matter of fact and try to display the character as much as possible in the few moments I have in the room with several key decision makers.

Scene went well enough I think, and I was quite happy with it. They don't call me "One take Gary" for no reason. (I'm kidding of course, because I'm sure there have been some real stinkers where they saw me and after one take, wouldn't dare ask me to torture them again!)

Stand by for some hopefully positive news.

So far in this crime drama score/race/castings it's:
Cold Blood 2 Forensic Factor 1 (and I'm looking to tie the score!)

No comments: