Saturday, March 29, 2008

I won! The RHPT Regional Championship Playoff Event and the prize package...Vegas Baby!

What a great night of poker it was. All around, all players, all night.

I was lucky enough to take it down and with it comes the $1,500 entry fee into the World Series of Poker event #52 starting June 30th. 4 nights accommodation, and travel allowance as well. Nice.

Thank you Red Hot Poker Tour. For info go to http://www.redhotpokertour.com/ for genereal info, but details of the championhip may take a few days to get posted.

The winning hand: I have 18K chips, SB has 14K, blinds 300/600 100 ante.
Small blind 300, calls for 300 more.
I am Big blind, I check.
Flop: Kc 8s 3h
SB checks, I check.
Turn: 2h
SB bets out 1,200, I raise to 2,400.
SB re-raises over the top allin, I call.
SB shows Ks5c, hitting top pair (I breathe sigh of relief as there is no flush draw).
I turn over 8h8d for the set and SB is drawing dead.

Heads up last probably close to an hour I think. It was a good night. I got lots of great hands and maxed pots almost everytime I think. I won every race which I do not ever recall have happen.

About halfway into the evening another here is a noteworthy hand:
Blinds 100/200.
Player to my right limps, I raise it up to 800. Player to my left calls, blinds both fold, and limper calls seemingly priced in.
Flop come down, Jd 8h 6h.
Limper checks.
I bet 2,000.
Player to my left, raises allin for 3,250 more on top. Limper folds.
I folded two black KINGS. And felt very comfortable doing so. This hand gave me much confidence even though I lost 2,800 chips. Later I was told the allin flopped a set of JACKS. Good fold as it turned out. And due to my doubling up about 8 hands into the game, this 2,800 loss still had me as the chip leader. A strange calm poured over me, and I knew I was in my zone! And the cards just kept on coming. As did the chips.

In the Big plan, I have now achieved the 2nd of my 3 step goal-plan. Win a regional title, win the Regional Championship (i.e. earn the WSOP buy in) and achieve financial success AT the WSOP event starting June 30th.

As a commitment to my fellow poker player Regional Championship opponents (i.e. *partners*) I am documenting our agreement. 6 players agreed to a *share the wealth* concept prior to the first hand being dealt. Whoever won (as it turned out to be me), that person (i.e. me) shall after all fees are paid at the event, keep 75% of any cash won at the game, and the remaining 25% will be split equally among all players in the agreement (6 of us in total, as 2 opted not to participate, and their initials are BC and PB. I have chosen not to use their proper names in this public forum for reasons of privacy.

No comments: