Tuesday, August 14, 2007

RHPT Winner 1,000 Points!!!

My first win of season 9!

Heads up agaiunst Alex B for almost an hour. Winning hand saw my 4-6 in the BB receive an open ended straight on the flop (3,5,9). Alex hit top pair and pushed allin. I wondered if drawing to make the straight was wise at this point as my stack was about 3/4 of the chips in play. It would have been a nice swing in his favour had I missed. I finally chose to call and when the 7 hit the river, I was gold.

This has me in the top 10 for fist time in 4 seasons, even though I don't play anywhere near as often as the usual top 10 players, it feels good.

I will play 2-3 times more then take a week off due to 5 days of referee assignments coming up.

In the 3 seasons I've been with the Red Hot Poker Tour, I have managed 4 wins each season and made 19th place as my highest final position. Tie for 72nd (season 6), 19th (season 7) and 27th (season 8). Top 120 point getters in Canada, receive free entry into the Tournament of Champions, wherein the Winner receives a $10,000 entry into a world class Poker event and all cash won there is yours to keep. I ended busting out about 70th, 12th and 60th respectively to date in those TOC events.

No comments: