Tuesday, August 7, 2007

RHPT--2nd Place for another 700 points

J's place Monday night saw Carlos Munoz and I go heads up.

Just prior to taking it down, a good hand was stolen from me, and it hurt my stack. I simply got outplayed tonight headsup.

I raised my BB up to 12,000 on top of Carlos 3,000 call into me, preflop. I had Q4 suited. After the flop came down, AQJ rainbow, Carlos immediately said 10,000. I was looking at him having an Ace or even hitting the nut straight when he called my preflop raise. I stalled thinking my only move was over the top for final 38,000. I folded and Carlos threw KJ on the table, beating my middle pair, even though he also had a straight draw. Who knows how it would've ended, but it seemed at that moment I should've re-raised. Nice hand Carlos.

Then my death came when I raised to 18,000 and Carlos called the extra 12,000. Flop came down 66A, check check, Jack, check check, 10 on the river. I said 15,000, Carlos called and showed Pocket Q's. My 10-8 was not even close.

And the evening ended with my best impersonation, "Player announces allin for 6,000" with J8, Carlos called with K6 hitting the 6 needlessly on the river to take it all.

That makes twice the bridesmaid (and counting?) this season.......next time, next time!

No comments: