Friday, January 4, 2008

RHPT Winner 1,025 Points pushes me over 50,000 career

...........on Thursday evening (while sitting at 49,900 points in my 4 full seasons on tour to date), I won first place and surpassed the magical 50,000 total career point plateau.

At the last Tournament of Champions event it was announced that there are are only 24 remaining jackets to be claimed in this exclusive club of point getters. Only 50 were made.

I hope they still have an XL size for me waiting! I have to think I made it as we're only 4 weeks into this season, but ya never know how many other players may have surpassed the mark already.

I have win totals in each of my previous as follows: 4, 4, 4, and 7 last season and have already won twice so far in this, the Red Hot Poker Tour's 10th season. taht's 21 career wins. I wonder how that stacks up overall. Not a tremendously high number but respectable none the less I think. each season's leader usually has around 8-12 wins while playing in the range or 90-120 games. I usually play in the 40-50 games per season range. My overall leaderboard finishes in Canada in each of those 4 previous seasons has been as follows: 73rd, 19th, 27th, and 8th last season. Currently I'm in 43rd in the nation.

Check out www.redhotpokertour.com for more info.

No comments: